For assistance email us at or call us at (02) 790-4054 and ask for Pathways to Canada staff.

Printable Forms
HOME   -    BE INFORMED   -   

Credential Assessment

How do I get my skills recognized?

Foreign credential recognition is one of the main labour difficulties faced by newcomers to Canada.

Some credentials obtained outside of Canada may not be recognized as equivalent to Canadian credentials. This is often because of contextual differences between countries, particularly in Definition ofregulated occupations where health and safety are important.

Getting professional and educational credentials recognized in Canada can take time. Organizations that assess foreign credentials include: Definition ofcredential assessment agenciesDefinition ofeducational institutions, and Definition ofregulatory bodies.

Credential Assessments and Jobs

For some jobs, mostly regulated occupations, newcomers will need to have their foreign credentials assessed.

There are two types of occupationss in Canada: Definition ofnon-regulated and regulated.

  • Non-Regulated: If you wish to work in non-regulated occupations, Definition ofemployers will be interested in learning about your education and work experience. This information can be summarized in a Definition ofrésumé. In addition, employers may be interested in the Canadian equivalency to your educational credentials that were obtained outside of Canada.

    The non-regulated job market is an excellent place to begin your career in Canada.

  • Regulated: Credential assessment and recognition is usually completed by a regulatory body.

Tip: A credential assessment costs money. Check with a regulatory body or other organization to determine if you need an assessment before spending money on an assessment that is not required or recognized.

Credential Assessments and Continuing Education

If you apply to college or university, you may need to have your foreign educational credentials assessed. This may either be done by a credential assessment agency or by the specific educational institution.

Canadian Equivalency to Foreign Credentials

The Canadian government offers information about foreign credential assessment and recognition processes through the Foreign Credentials Referral Office (FCRO). To learn more, visit the FCRO Web site or call Service Canada at 1-888-854-1805 or TTY 1-800-926-9105 (in Canada only).

Provincial credential assessment services assess academic credentials for a fee. The assessment will tell you how your education compares with educational standards in theDefinition ofprovince or territory where you are planning to settle. An assessment may help you in your job search.

Preliminary Assessment

World Education Services Canada (WES) can provide you with preliminary equivalency assessment of your credentials, for a fee.

Organizations to Help You

There are hundreds of organizations to help Definition ofnewcomers adjust to life in Canada. These organizations can help you in many ways, including in your job search.

For more information on organizations that help immigrants, visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada and the Service Canada Web sites.

For a list of employment services in Québec, visit the Emploi Québec Web site.



EVENTS:     no upcoming events...
HOME   |   
ABOUT US   |   
VIDEOS   |   
EVENTS   |   



12th Floor Regus Center, Times Plaza 81 United Nations Avenue, Ermita Manila 1000

Mobile: 0999-105-2696
Tel. 790-4054

4th Floor College of Divine Wisdom Amvel Business Park, Sucat Road,San Dionisio, Paranaque City 1700

Mobile: 0999-105-2696


2D Anda Corporate Center F. Inigo St. Davao City 8000 Philippines

Mobile Number: +63919-545-1571